Sunday, July 08, 2018

THE WHOLESALE BUTCHERY OF DEMAGOGUES




Maybe i'm too subtle?   I write these poems, and then the comments I get sometimes make me scratch my head.  At least one of us in this equation strikes me as a simpleton.....




FALSE KINGS, CRUCIFIED



in this seething cauldron of days
i will rise like ashes to the sun

in the age of murdered children
i am grateful for vengeance

am a believer in the
wholesale butchery of
demagogues and rapist-priests

there is no point wasting
compassion on cancer 



*********


With respect, john sweet, this sounds a bit too much like a charnel house to this reader.
Then, of course, isn't vengeance the prerogative of the deity?
Finally, I don't think that cancer has any moral sense, in which case compassion and any other human emotion would indeed be wasted on it. It does, however seem to respond to research-based mitigation.
Regards,




Image result for WILDFIRE




No comments: