Tuesday, March 03, 2020

THEY'LL ONLY BE WORTH MORE AFTER MY INEVITABLE SUICIDE......




So, my last burst of painting ended a few years ago in a frenzy of minimal abstraction, mostly acrylics.  They loved my show down at the local library and, by “loved”, I mean that no one really gave a rat’s ass either way. 



Person #1 that I know:  “I didn’t make it to the library.  Did you go and see John’s work?”



(Mind you, the show was only there for 30 fucking days)



Person #2 that I know:  “Yes, I saw it”.



Person #1:  “How was it?”



Person #2: “………………”



Person #2: “………………”



Person #2: “………………”



Person #2: “…Colorful.”



Obviously, you can see why I have the itch to paint a little again.  I’m thinking a different medium, maybe.  We’ll see. 



Really, unless a grand piano falls out of the sky and crushes me, I have nowhere to go but up.
















No comments: