Saturday, March 25, 2023

one of us will live

 

but i remember you

circling the sun

 

i remember your face

like i remember the future

 

your sister crying behind a

pane of broken glass as you

slide your hand through the jagged

opening to touch her and then

picasso’s suicide at the

news of paul’s death

 

the simple fact of ringo

 

told me he was your favorite but

i think you were drunk and i

think we were through

 

a phone call, maybe,

or a letter from rehab

 

the drugs that you swore were

better than fucking

 

the threats from your

husband, the communist

 

said there were children both

real and imagined that

needed to be considered

 

said there was an ocean view

and a brighter future and that

the stones were better anyway

 

told me he was on

the next plane out to

come and find me

  

told me it seemed like kicking

my ass would definitely be

worth his time

 

was the last thing i ever heard

from either of you






No comments: