Sunday, December 02, 2018

PEELING OFF THE THIN SKIN



An actual non-form rejection letter I got this week.  Valid, maybe, but a little snarky.  Personally, I stand by my work as entirely unique.  Needless to say, I had to snark back.  Good fun!!  

Among the more annoying things about this episode was that this particular editor's website was filled with multiple examples of fairly generic milquetoast poetry.  In my response-snark, I told him (?) that I thought these poems were cries for help on the publisher's part, and not artistic statements.  

Oh, the cleverness of me......


Actually, I was stunned to get a personalized rejection letter, so it took a while for the contents of it to actually sink in, and to realize I was being smacked down.  This must be why poets kill themselves....





"lol! this must be #100 of the same set of poems this week. is there a master computer program somewhere spitting this stuff out? Probably a web app. must be free of cost, there's just too many ramblings like these. 


What I want from you is : "a poem he should but won’t write"


That's the one that will be different than everyone else's."

Image result for middle finger gif





No comments: