Friday, September 01, 2017

GODSPEED YOU! BLACK EMPEROR



New album coming out in September, so let us all do the happy dance.

Their post-reunion output breaks down to 4 songs and 4 drones so far.  Drones all pretty much sound the same to me, no matter who does them (except maybe Jessica Bailiff).  No tension & release, no rhythm to speak of, just a pointless meandering from point A to point B.  GYBE has never really done a drone to change my mind on this theory, but at least they're shorter than the actual songs.

The 4 most recent SONGS these people have done, however, kick righteous ass all up and DOWN your block.  Immensely awesome, and that's an understatement.  Therefore, I eagerly await LUCIFERIAN TOWERS.  Great title, looks like the usual excellent artwork, I assume at least 2 of the 4 titles will be actual songs.  One can be streamed at Bandcamp right now, I just haven't got around to it.

Rock on.








No comments: