Monday, May 01, 2017

BLACK ANGELS DEATH SONG


Get it?  It's a play on words for middle-aged hipsters and retro cool cats!  HA!

Black Angels have been harshing my mellow lately, though.  Their first 2 albums kicked ass a million different ways, but they've been stumbling since them.  The songs seem less tuneful, much less heavy, and they keep reminding me of a more incense and peppermints type psychedelia than a full-on heavy bummer trip.  Whatever.  I'm sure they have bills to pay.  The new album is  better than the previous two (and I thank them for that), but still nowhere near the first two.  Or at least that was the impression I got from my first 2 listens.  I'll have to give it a spin later on today.

Are they still down to 4 members?  maybe that's the problem.  5 was their optimum number for trance-inducing gloom mongery.

On the bright side, my miter saw is now assembled (thank you internet users for posting useful tips about getting the bevel cutting angle lever figured out), and I am ready to inflict bodily harm upon myself.






















No comments: