Wednesday, February 01, 2017

KICKING ASS FOR ALMOST AS LONG AS I HAVE


We all know Sesame Street rules.   Sure, I have no love for Elmo, but back in those heady days of the 70s, that show totally rocked the world.  The songs have stayed with me.  "Mana Mana" of course, but also "Lower Case "n"", "Exit (it's the way way out)", "Capital I", the awesome aardvark tune, the "ball" "wall" "fall" song sung by the hairy hipster dudes, and so on and so on.  My dad was always partial to the space aliens trying to communicate with the phone.  Not a song, but still comedy gold.

The finest musical moment EVER on Sesame Street, tho, hands down, was Stevie Wonder and his band performing "Superstition".  How cool is that?  Like getting the Stones to do "Sway" or Pink Floyd to play a few tunes off of Dark Side.  In a word -
                             FAN-FUCKING-TASTIC.


(AND SAX DUDE'S SHIRT RULES)





No comments: