Saturday, February 25, 2017

UPSTATE FASHIONISTAS


At first, it was just the muttering misanthropic old guy who goes to Dawn's store (well. one of them), you'd always see him walking around town with a gold club (an iron of some sort), swiping at garbage and weeds and whatnot, but always on the lookout for ne'er-do-wells.

Gradually, tho, it seems to have caught on as a movement, all men in their late 50s or older, some walking dogs, some just walking, but all of them carrying golf clubs.  A few seem to genuinely need them for canes or walking sticks, but most seem to rely on them as easily visible weapons.  I see at least one or two guys every day walking around town with one.

Personally, I prefer the element of surprise in attack situation, I keep a flip-open box cutter in my hand at all times when walking at night.

It's a sad state of affairs.  I've been in this town for 25 years, and it's definitely in a spiral.  There have always been questionable people wandering around at night (myself among them), but the steady stream of muggings and beatings is something new.  It's amazing how many times I get asked if I have drugs to sell, or a cigarette someone can bum, or a light, or I just get asked off-the-wall questions by people who seem intent on confrontation.

Fuckers......

Image result for swirling galaxy gif

No comments: