Tuesday, August 30, 2016

WHEN I WAS SOMEBODY


I forgot about this stuff.  Is there still a Pushcart Prize?  Must be nuts now with the sheer amount of nonsense published on the internet.  I think I was nominated 10 or 12 times back in the day.  Apparently, I don't travel in those circles anymore.  I'm okay with that.  This was the 2001 nomination list from Red River Review:


I especially enjoy finding poets who have achieved a level of craft and deftness which makes their poetry outstanding. Each year the editors of The Pushcart Anthology ask editors of small journals like Red River Review to nominate up to six works of the highest quality published in a given year. Last year, I was very pleased to nominate the following poems for the Pushcart Prize:

"Regional Poem" by Carol Church (May 2001)
"The Doll is not Waiting" by Clara Hsu (August 2001)
"Losing My Wallet" by Roger Jones (May 2001)
"Leaving: the mother's poem" by Karen S. Mittelman (August 2001)
"Still Life with Boy and Trees" by Travis Ian Smith (May 2001)
"all i can tell you" by John Sweet (February 2001)


No comments: