Tuesday, November 29, 2016

CATEGORIZE IT...... I DARE YOU


New Landing album out (yes, I will call them albums until the day I die, and possibly even after that).  It's not bad, by any means, but it's also not as immediate a knockout as their other recent work.  Which is funny, because  a lot of that recent work is fairly droney/experimental, yet still seems to grab me from the get-go as opposed to, say, early/mid 70s Tangerine Dream (which I love), where you would sometimes have to slog through 5 or 10 minutes of noodling before getting to the good stuff.  Landing seems to know how to start right in the middle of the good stuff, and then just progress from there.

I thought they were gone for good after 2006's exceptional Gravitational IV, but they were apparently just recharging for 6 years.  Landing, Wave Lair, Body Diffuser and Third Sight have constituted an amazing hot streak.   Maybe Complekt will earn its place beside them.  I'd like to think so. 




No comments: