Thursday, January 12, 2017

FLOGGING A DEAD HORSE



I think I've finally gotten to the point where I no longer want to read any extensive "rock history" nonsense.  It's all been said, you know?  Stones, Beatles, Doors, Bowie in Berlin, Dylan's '66 UK tour, Barrett's days in Floyd, the Pistols' US tour, yadda yadda.  I used to love all those long, thoughtful, insightful, but I think I have now officially read it all.

Maybe there's still some room in the UK post-punk scene (lots of obscure bands there that I love) but, really, let's just give the rest of it a rest. 

I blame my dying enthusiasm on the UK fan-boy magazines that I always see at the bookstore, writing stories about the same 2 or 3 dozen bands ad infinitum.  I've been hearing these same stories most of my life from 40, 50, 60 and 70 years olds, and now I'm hearing them again from 20 and 30 year olds.

Dammit, tell me something I don't know.....



No comments: