Sunday, September 04, 2016

AN INDIE ROCK BIBLE



Image result for our band could be your life book
Or was this when it was still college rock?  I forget.  Excellent book, either way.  The Minutemen, Husker Du, The Surfers - some of the best biographical writing I've read in a long time.  It's mostly an insanely great book tho, for my money, I'd ditch the sections about Minor Threat and Beat Happening.





Image result for dead kennedy logoWas surprised not to see the Dead Kennedys instead of one of these two bands.  Swans would've been awesome, or Camper Van Beethoven.  Leaving Trains would've been an entertaining story, but probably one too many SST bands.  In any event, a lot of great U.S. indie book from that time period.  I was happy to have been there.  Saw Soul Asylum open up for Husker Do on the Wig Out East tour, fan-fucking-tastic stuff.  Saw Dinosaur Jr, but after Lou had been booted from the band.  Their comeback albums have been, I think, even better than what they released the first time around.  Neat trick if you can pull it off........

Image result for dinosaur jr farm





No comments: