Wednesday, July 20, 2016

PAUL WEINMAN




He was a big name in the small press
when I was starting out.  Dude was
prolific. 

He wrote me a few times, told me once
that he liked my relationship poems,
asked me to send a batch his way. 

He wrote a response poem to each one
from the female perspective and published
the whole thing as a sort of call & response
chapbook called S & M, credited to
John Sweet & Paula Weinman.
Published it through the fictitional
CONCRETE BLOCK IN YOUR FACE THEN, PRESS.

1995, I think.  Definitely my 2-room
apartment days.

There were some extra poems he published
as A Little S&M, a mini-chap stapled
into the centerfold of S & M.
Again, I think my copy might be the only
one out there.

S & M is probably my all-time
best seller, and I don't want to kid myself,
Weinman's participation is a huge reason for that.




2 comments:

J.J. Campbell said...

oh the memories

john sweet said...

Weinman died last year. The upstate NY contingency is down to me and Alan Catlin, I think. At least as far as people who were publishing in the small zine scene back in the 90s. It's not easy being a relic.