Saturday, July 30, 2016

THE DOORS OF PERCEPTION ARE TRULY THROWN WIDE OPEN



So we all got our driver's licenses.




A friend of mine was washing dishes at a local restaurant.  One of his co-workers told him about  a record store up in the Collegetown section near the Cornell campus (pre-renovation days, very old, ramshackle New York).  We had no choice but to go visit it.  Small, but amazing.  Truly College Rock, before the whole Alternative ghetto was formed.  Insanely cool.  Had to backtrack and start buying all of the UK stuff that I'd never seen in any store I'd been to, plus fill in the gaps of my US punk collection.  As with all of my favorite vinyl mines, it no longer exists.  The CD & tape place the eventually supplanted it was pretty lame, I must say......










































































































































No comments: